USA League Tennis is designed to promote the development of recreational tennis players and accommodates all adult players and most skill levels. After work or on the weekends, you can enjoy hours of play time, good exercise, skill improvement and much more.
Leagues are based on team structure.
– Adult leagues consist of two singles matches and three doubles matches for 3.0-4.5 levels. Team matches for the 2.5 level adult league consist of one singles match and two doubles matches.
– 55&over, 65&over, Tri-Level, Combo and Mixed Doubles leagues play three doubles matches.
– Each match is best 2 of 3 sets with a 10-point (must win by 2 points) tiebreaker played in lieu of a third set.
Leagues are organized by gender and ability level, relying on the National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP) to evaluate players’ skill levels.
When do Anne Arundel County Leagues Play?
18&over Mixed Doubles: Jan-mid-March
Ladies Day League: Jan – mid-April
40&over Mixed Doubles: March-April
55&over Mixed Doubles: June-July
65&over Mixed Doubles: May-June
18&over Gender: April-May
40&over Gender: June-July
55&over Gender: Women (April-May), Men (June-August)
65&over Gender: Women (May-June), Men (tbd)
Local League winners for earn the right to compete at the Maryland Regional Championships or they advance directly to the Section Championships. Regionals champions earn the right to compete at the Mid-Atlantic Section Championships. Sectional winners earn the right to participate in the National Championships.
Who is Eligible?
To compete in USA League Tennis, you must…
– Be 18 years of age or older
– Join the USTA
– Possess a current NTRP computer rating or self-rate using the Dynamic NTRP rating system.
AA County offers competition for players rated between 2.5 and 5.0
How do I Find a Team?
You may form your own team or seek to join an established one in your area. Contact the Anne Arundel league coordinators listed below.
What is the Cost of Playing?
– USTA Annual Membership Fee: $44/Adult & $72/Family
– Section Fees/Local League fees per team
– Additional cost for indoor courts (Mixed Doubles/Tri-Level Leagues).